What should you keep in mind when choosing a holistic provider?
It must be noted that natural remedies do not always mean “safe.” Practices, such as acupuncture, have been known to cause infections if not done properly. The herbal medicines often contain heavy metals, which may damage the kidneys, the liver, and the heart. Holistic medicine cannot replace conventional medicine in cases of cancer or chronic diseases, such as diabetes.
In cases of children who suffer from autism, dyslexia, speech therapy, and physiotherapy are better alternatives to homeopathy.
Here are some tips to follow before approaching a holistic practitioner:
- Choose a practitioner who is ready to spend enough time with you to understand you better.
- Consult a practitioner who prefers to ask you the right questions to get to know you better.
- Consider a practitioner who makes you feel comfortable.
- Do your research before consulting a practitioner. Do not just consult any random health care provider.
- Always consult a board-certified holistic medical practitioner.
- You can visit the American Holistic Medical Association website to find out the holistic practitioner in your area.